Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Look In Her Eyes


NSFW - Click to view full image (contains nudity)

This photo is inspired by the by one of my favorite artist, Jan Saudek. He has several works that are very similar to this, such as Ida as the Playcard (warning contains nudity).
I very much enjoyed working with this model and have several more peices coming from this shoot.

I liked being able to combine opposing emotions in a single piece. I love the lust, passion and the alluring quality of the top portion of this. In the bottom part there is the shy personality that is almost hidden and neglected. Overall I think that combining these gives this a good visual appeal that takes the viewer's eyes from one personality to the other and back again. It also lends to the strangeness that works well within the world I'm trying to create.

No comments: