Friday, December 7, 2007

The Typist

Two post in one night! This is the second photo in my new series. The idea behind this one is uncontrollable obsession. I believe this is reflected in the papers posted on the wall and in front of him. I really wanted to make it feel like the paper was consuming him. Also, the look he has is supposed to convey a disturbing sense, because simply by looking at him we are interrupting his world. The red of the paper helps to convey this tense feeling and is also there to challenge and discomfort us.

(On a side note, the model's personality is nothing like this, he is actually quite cheerful and it took some time to develop the look needed for the piece.)

Update 2/22/08 - Since I've now done a lot more work in this series I no longer feel this portrait fits in with the overall feel and look that I'm attempting to accomplish. However, I am still keeping it on this site because I feel that its important to keep a record of this series progression intact even though I know that not ever piece will make it into my final series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok Rob if you want obession you need to take a pic of a scrapbooker with all their stash that hasn't been used :p Hee hee

Love the pic though!